Naked Loin Back Ribs

TboneD

Some times the simple way is one of the best ways. First off, they go on the pit with nothing but a little olive oil and kosher salt. As for cooking temps I try to start a little under 250 but cook a little hotter as I go. Couple hours in, I'll rotate as needed. Couple more hours or so and I finally dust them with BBQ rub and put each rack in a foil "boat" for the last 30 mins or however longer they might need. The foil boat is mainly to just protect the edges from overcooking.
IMG_0977.jpeg

TboneD

No such thing as a GOOD IPA! 🤣

Sorry. Couldn't help myself. 😂
It's ok. 😆 I'm reminded of a good friend I had lunch with at a microbrewery last year. The bar maid let him him taste half a dozen different ales before he found one he could drink when all she had to do was pour him up a Coors. He's not alone, though. A lot of folks obviously like pilsner flavored water. 😂

TboneD

So no liquid in the foil boat?
Nope. As long as I cover the edges of the ribs with the foil soon enough and don't overcook I've found the foil is all that's needed to preserve the bottom and edges as the ribs begin to braise in their own juices. Learned last week you can also slip a piece of foil under the thin end and wrap it up around the edges that are cooking faster, in lieu of the boat. Or you could do that early on if needed and still boat or wrap, for that matter.

Antler Daddy

Some times the simple way is one of the best ways. First off, they go on the pit with nothing but a little olive oil and kosher salt. As for cooking temps I try to start a little under 250 but cook a little hotter as I go. Couple hours in, I'll rotate as needed. Couple more hours or so and I finally dust them with BBQ rub and put each rack in a foil "boat" for the last 30 mins or however longer they might need. The foil boat is mainly to just protect the edges from overcooking.
View attachment 213984
Yum

TboneD

They absolutely were. I'm constantly mixing it up…and messing it up, though. Let me tell you. Smoked some st Louie's with pretty much this same method Monday I think it was. Only I thought I'd glaze them with a Blues Hog clone recipe I came across. Got lots of compliments but the glaze just didn't do a thing for me. Not near as good as the curvy back bones from this cook with nothing but some good smoke and rub.

Latest posts