Got my calf back…

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
IMG_2068.jpeg

1360 lbs about a month after this pic. 51% net which ain't bad for a beefalo. He was on clover and feed all summer finished on grains for 8 weeks
Better steaks than I have had at $100 a plate steak houses.
IMG_2308.jpeg

I almost regret dividing this one up with our 3 kids.
Brought to perfection on a hot charcoal grill.

volboy

View attachment 210286
1360 lbs about a month after this pic. 51% net which ain't bad for a beefalo. He was on clover and feed all summer finished on grains for 8 weeks
View attachment 210287
Looks Great!!
Nothing like fresh beef. We haven't bought beef in a store since we got married almost 29 years ago. Going to pick mine up Friday at the processor..

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled

redblood

View attachment 210286
View attachment 210287
Looks great. Great to finish them on grain. Grass feeding is fine, but only grain can bring the yum!

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Folks tinkered with crossing them for years. Too much bison = mean and slow to grow, to little was just another beef. Different breeders selected different lines to cross with so the end result today is a hodgepodge of genetics. I guess the finally settled on 3/8 bison, 5/8 beef and found less aggressive more docile like a beef , better feed conversion with a meat more like the texture of bison but not so tough cause it can be marbled with fat. Kinda the best of both worlds.
We really like the meat and can easily tell the difference between it and regular beef

WTM

looks delicious. i ate bison one time. it was a hair better than trout, which taste like dog turds.

maybe it was just the way they processed it. it had a heavy, gamey, iron flavor to it.

Latest posts