Single pin or multi pins sights

TennSportsman

With the way technology has increased, I would say a one pin could be the best just cause of the field of view as reload stated. A one pin with a yardage dial would work really well in theory, but I have no experience with one. I have a multi, and my eyes are not the best. Also with a short draw length my pins are basically stacked on top of one another. IQ sight

buckaroo

I've tried both over the years, single pin cons, if you have to shoot quickly at a long distance your screwed! If you have several pins vision is bad. My solution, 20, 40, 60 pins best of both worlds, your vision isn't impaired and no fumbling around moving a pin

FOX FIRE

tried the single pins, there ok, kind of limited, depends on how flat your bow shoots, went back to multiple pins, only 3 tho, farthest is sighted at 35 yards, eyes are ageing.

muddyboots

I have a react dial sight. It's really nice if your shoot any long ranges. I have an hha dial sight Tru glo Range Rover. I like those 2 also. I have a Montana slider that I bought on here. I do not like it. I would like to try a spot hog roller before I decide which I like best.

Andy S.

Single pin set at 22 yards. Reason why is I hunt woods 99% of the time and rarely shoot past 30 yards, most times 25 and under. My 2006 Mathews Switchback shoots a 435 grain arrow at 279 fps, 75 ft-lbs of energy, and it has served me well over the last twelve seasons.

infoman jr.

I use a 5 pin Spot Hogg Hunter with .019 pins. You couldn't give me a single pin for hunting. There are too many situations where things change quickly, and adjusting the sight would add a level of complexity that I'm not interested in.

scn

I use an old Quad sight that has three pins and is adjustable as well. I have it sighted in for 20-30-40 yds and keep it locked down for those ranges. For the over 40, I have the slide marked for 50 and 60 yds using the bottom pin. I love my HHA single pin, but have seen too many times that with rutting bucks there was not enough time to adjust the pin up or down. For me, the three pins and the ability to adjust for longer ranges is my best option.

Stretcher_Jockey

Spot Hogg Fast Eddie XL 5 pin. You can order them with pin sizes to your preference. My 20, 30, 40yd pins are 0.19 and my 50 and 60yd pins are 0.10. The sight is expensive but I'd rather have a middle of the road bow like I have (Hoyt Powermax) with high quality accessories than the inverse any day of the week.

I don't like single pins for hunting as there's just too many variables at play and things can change in a second. 5 pins can get a bit busy, depending on whether you mainly hunt hardwoods or not you could get by with a 3 pin just fine.

REM7

reloadxx":27twtnia said:
I shoot single pin (HHA) I will never go back to a multi pin. With a one pin you have more field of view

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This exactly. Best bow decision I ever made

buckaroo

I actually started doing this after reading an article on a bowhunter in Africa that shot game at over 100 yds regularly and every 20 was how he had it set up

MAGA

I started out with a single pin, but switched to multi pin, specifically the Trophy Ridge React sight.

ZachMarkus

Andy S.":14nvv5oc said:
Single pin set at 22 yards. Reason why is I hunt woods 99% of the time and rarely shoot past 30 yards, most times 25 and under. My 2006 Mathews Switchback shoots a 435 grain arrow at 279 fps, 75 ft-lbs of energy, and it has served me well over the last twelve seasons.

I have the Switchback Xt Andy, I wouldn't take anything for that bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TN Whitetail Freak

HHA Kingpin this year and it's TRUE when they say you'll never need to buy another sight again. I had an old truglo single pin and it was garbage and can see how a single pin like that can leave a negative impact on people trying single pins for the first time. No peep with a single pin HHA is money

Latest posts