Simms and Gil

bowriter

R.I.P.
Leaving Fri. for W.O. for the last hurrah. We are shutting 'er down. My goal is to catch at least 200, 1# bream and 100 bass over 6#. Then I am going to sink the boats and blow up the ramps.
Bubba Phillips and Terry the main fishery biologist are meeting me there and we are shocking the lakes. Bubba is bringing some naked girls from Auburn to pose for pictures. I'll post what I can. I am betting we shock up one over 15#.

Sad end to an era. Been a dam good 27 years.

rsimms

bowriter said:
Leaving Fri. for W.O. for the last hurrah. We are shutting 'er down. My goal is to catch at least 200, 1# bream and 100 bass over 6#. Then I am going to sink the boats and blow up the ramps.
Bubba Phillips and Terry the main fishery biologist are meeting me there and we are shocking the lakes. Bubba is bringing some naked girls from Auburn to pose for pictures. I'll post what I can. I am betting we shock up one over 15#.

Sad end to an era. Been a dam good 27 years.

Shutting White Oak down completely???? No deer hunts nor fishing?

Did they sell it... to who (or whom)?

As for "shocking one up over 15#," do you mean bass or naked girls?

I'll be watching for pictures either way. BTW, I'll be in Florida at same time in search of sharks, tarpon and whatever else will eat whatever is on the end of my line.

bowriter

R.I.P.
Richard, I can't give out the full details yet but Bo has moved to CO, the staff is gone and the doors are almost locked. No nothing going on. No food plots, no road maintainance. Right now, just the home base is being maintained.

Take plenty of chicken breasts to FL. Might get an article out of it. Have a great trip.

rsimms

bowriter said:
Richard, I can't give out the full details yet but Bo has moved to CO, the staff is gone and the doors are almost locked. No nothing going on. No food plots, no road maintainance. Right now, just the home base is being maintained.

Take plenty of chicken breasts to FL. Might get an article out of it. Have a great trip.

That is sad... give them my best. I know Robert and Family will be "fine." But I'm sure it's hard on them.

And you know, I was digging some frozen shad out of my freezer for shark bait and pondered taking a little CB with me. Will probably do it.

bowriter

R.I.P.
It's going to be a sad trip, we go back so dam far and have lived through so much. Yes, they will be fine and I know they are looking forward to retirement but it is hard to see a whole piece of your life pass by.

Wish I could hit the lottery.

gil1

Man, that sux! Maybe someone of like interests will buy the place and keep it going.

Look for my camera while you're down there. If you find it, take some pics. of them neckid Auburn girls. :grin:

Simms - If your chicken breast trick doesn't work, try your other bait trick - putting a little worm on the end of your fly. I'm sure the sharks will love it! :crazy:

Latest posts