Simms waders???

megalomaniac

With the money you are saving will you at least take a GPS locator or Sat phone ? Cheap insurance because we all know SHAT HAPPENS!
Absolutely will have the emergency SPOT locator that can send preloaded messages along with GPS location!!!!

And that's how we signal the bush pilot to fly in for a meat haul after the kills. Can't leave the meat in the field for more than a day as it attracts too many grizzlies.

megalomaniac

Size 11 Large. I just looked at them. Not going to lie they are in pretty rough shape. Duck hunting is tough on waders.. They sent me photos of the leaks and put some repair kits in the box.. I was kind of disappointed considering they are their top of the line wader but they have been well used...
Ty for offer, but those would be too big for me.

megalomaniac

I beat the brush up in Alaska for 30 years, Simms are not required unless you want a pair. There's others just as good between $200-$400. Simms makes an awesome product, but the majority of the cost is for the name.

Most if not the majority, was done with hip waders. 😊
Ty for input! I wouldn't feel bad about buying the Simms if I would get more use out of them. May have to start going back out west on fishing trips again.

grouser

The G4 wader has a zipper in the front that reduces the hassle of taking a leak tremendously, 10 days an extra 400, $40 a day for the feature your choice.

megalomaniac

My buddy has the G4Z's and LOVES them. But he spends 3 weeks in AK every year, plus he lives out west and fishes out of them a ton. Def worth it with that much use. But yes, he spent a solid grand on them.

Bgoodman30

Only the Simms G4Z waders come with a zipper. And, they are a whopping $999.99.

It appears that the non-zippered G4 waders have been discontinued.

I looked yesterday you can custom order them with a horizontal leak zipper. Not a full zip down though.

megalomaniac

My g3s arrived... they are WAY nicer than what I expected. Extremely light. We will see how they hold up crashing thru the Alders.

The Freestone wading boots aren't as heavy as I was expecting. They seem to fit well and are comfortable. We will see...

7mm08

My g3s arrived... they are WAY nicer than what I expected. Extremely light. We will see how they hold up crashing thru the Alders.

The Freestone wading boots aren't as heavy as I was expecting. They seem to fit well and are comfortable. We will see...
They will outlast you if you don't store them in that Mississippi air!

Latest posts