Shortage Frustration

Hunter 257W

This crazy ammo shortage is enough to make a strong man cry. :) Lee sells two versions of the old standard 45 ACP hardball bullet profile in cast bullet molds. I have had one for years that doesn't want to work as well in my guns as I'd like. I was wanting to try the other design so I put in a request at Midway to be notified when it arrived in stock. Well, I saw the email from Midway just a few minutes ago - about 34 minutes after it arrived -and clicked on it immediately. They are already gone. The message said that if I had backordered it, then I need do nothing else as it would automatically be shipped to me. But you CAN'T backorder that item so now I get back in line for a notification of "In Stock" again. I never dreamt that such an obscure part of the reloading hobby as bullet casting would suffer from tool or component shortages.

Thankfully I ordered several other molds last Summer in anticipation of the election bringing further shortages than we were already seeing.

backyardtndeer

I have been within minutes of getting email in stock notifications for a few different items from a couple sellers only to get there and already gone. It is frustrating.

Hunter 257W

They did it to me again Saturday. This time I didn't see the email until 7 or 8 hours after getting it. The mold was "out of stock" again. Lee must be shipping just one at a time. :) Oh well, I'm back in line again for the 3rd time.

Hunter 257W

They got me again. Got an "In Stock" email this morning and clicked to add the mold to my Cart and it's out of stock. I think they are just teasing me for fun. :D