Shooting?

Slaughter-06

How steady is your pin on the target when shooting?

Is it rock steady, or do you release when the pin crosses the spot?

I seen to wobble more every year, Its getting to where I don't feel comfortable shooting more than 20 yards.

Ssuucckks getting old!

bobthebowhunter

My wife shoots like that. Waits till the pin crosses the target and then bam.

I mean no offense by that either. At 20 yds she is as good as anyone one this forum. I can't see worth crap. Sometimes you just have to play the cards your delt. Just don't quit.

So don't shoot more than 20 yds. Just means you'll have to get real close.

BowGuy84

inside of 35 yds I can hold on a quarter...when Ive been shooting. But I can shoot just as good at 55 and 60 by letting the pin float. Proper form, surprise release, and confidence are more important.

Ask an olympic archer how much their pin moves...they will tell you usually all over the gold, but on windy days worse, and most of their arrows find the middle. They have learned to reliquish that last bit of control and trust their bow and form.

b and d boyz

Man if you only feal comfortable shooting 20 yards. stick to twenty yards. 90 percent of your bow-kills are in the distance of 20 yards. But i have taught people how to shoot bows, and when you shoot you do want to have it steady as you can. Because when you throw your bow up in the aiming position and pull the trigger on your release back, right as you have your pin in the spot your aiming at. Its just like jerking a trigger on a gun. If you can stay still enough to eaze the release trigger back,while aiming at your target(bullseye), you wont have any trouble.

Layne

I'm no expert so take this for what it's worth but in trying to get better myself all I have read and been told over the years is to let the pin float on the target.
If you try and hold tight on the target you are likely to squeeze the bow with your bow hand causing the pin to move even more.

Relax and let it float, trust in the force Luke...

Radar

According to Randy Ulmer , he says to just let your pin float on the bullseye . I shoot better when I'm not forcing myself to hold steady , just relax , focus on the spot , and let the arrow find it's mark .
There are allot of great shooting tips on his webpage . I have learned allot from reading his articles in Peterson's Bowhunting over the years .
http://www.randyulmer.com/archive/categ ... full-draw/

Latest posts