Shooting?

Grill-n-man

Anybody braving the heat and knocking the dust off the ole stick and string? Been messing around a little in hopes of making the last ye ole farts shoot towards the end of August.

Also to anyone that has been or goes to those shoots know if its a one round shoot or can shoot it more than once. Got a couple I wouldnt mind shooting if possible and not interested in points/score just looking to practice for season and a lot of fun.

ImThere

I haven't even bought a new target yet. Terrible, I usually shoot almost all year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eddie c

I normally shoot year round but this summer has been hard to. it's not the heat, I usually try to make it the monthly trad shoot near Memphis, Lost Tribe, held at Herb Parsons Lake. Dad got sick in June then had a stoke. I've been dealing with that. things are starting to settle down so maybe I can get out in the back yard and fling a few.
I finally got out Sunday morning to set a couple of cameras out and stump shoot some but forgot the bug spray. I just ended up setting the cameras before the skeeters did too much damage and left.

southernhunter

Glad I am not the only one slacking this year. I had big plans this year but I been having back trouble since spring. I finally knew I was going to have to start shooting if I was going to hunt with my trad bow in the fall. So last week I started shooting a little in the garage (7 yards). My form has suffered from the lack of shooting. Homely in the next coupe weeks I can get out in the yard and shoot at my 3D targets.

southernhunter

I started out with a samick they are good bows. I recently bought a Bodnik slick stick. It is awesome for $299 I don't know how you I could get a better bow.

Stykbow

southernhunter":1qfjwb19 said:
I started out with a samick they are good bows. I recently bought a Bodnik slick stick. It is awesome for $299 I don't know how you I could get a better bow.

Good bows don't have to be expensive. I've been shooting a Martin X250 since day one and it kills deer just as dead as bows costing two or three times as much. That's not saying I wouldn't like to have a Silvertip or Blacktail. I just can't afford one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eddie c

Smokey River":3c9xtsl6 said:
I've been shooting my samick and so ready to upgrade just not sure to what yet

I don't know how experienced you are but I've heard and read a lot of good things about Samick. I found out the hard way, tuning, form and proper arrows will make a relatively inexpensive bow shoot great and not tuning, bad form and the wrong arrows will make an expensive bow shoot lousy. I went through about 15-18 bows before I found out it wasn't the bows but me not tuning correctly and using the wrong shafts.

Smokey River

The bow shoots great after many many many shooting sessions got the arrows tuned and finally got my release cleaned up far from perfect but better. I'm mainly looking to upgrade to a little higher poundage. I bought mine at a lower weight so I wouldn't be over bowed and create more problems.

Latest posts