alignment while shooting.

Nsghunter

I am a new archer and am not as accurate as I want to be. When I draw the bow back have trouble with my anchor points. I once heard to place your nose on the string with your other two reference points( your lips and jaw/ear ).

When I tried to place my nose on the string my sight alignment is all off. I cannot see my sight pins through my peep.

Am is my bow set up wrong?

Can I have a little help with how to get my anchor points

TNDeerGuy

Most people find it the most comfortable to put their jaw bone in between the index and middle knuckle and then place the string on the nose. From there, you will need to adjust the peep height. In other words, adjust the peep--not adjust to the peep if that makes sense.

eff1fitty

I am also new to bows and was, and still, having similar issues that you seem to be experiencing. I took these guys advice and had a kisser button installed. It made a huge difference in my ability to shoot consistently. I am not shooting arrows into arrows, but my groups went from 6" to 3" and better on some groups. Another issue I was having was once I started feeling fatigued, I kept pushing myself to shoot more thinking i would get better or fix my form issues. This became detrimental to my "work in progress".

TNDeerGuy

eff1fitty":13671xf1 said:
I am also new to bows and was, and still, having similar issues that you seem to be experiencing. I took these guys advice and had a kisser button installed. It made a huge difference in my ability to shoot consistently. I am not shooting arrows into arrows, but my groups went from 6" to 3" and better on some groups. Another issue I was having was once I started feeling fatigued, I kept pushing myself to shoot more thinking i would get better or fix my form issues. This became detrimental to my "work in progress".

Great point eff1! Shooting while fatigued is one of the most common mistakes every archer makes--especially newer archers, but all of us are guilty from time to time as we constantly strive for that perfect arrow and we will shoot to failure in search of it! It is a perfect breeding ground for mental blocks and the formation of bad habits!

I would much rather have 10 clean, quality and consistent shots than I would 10 accurate shots out of a 50 arrow end. A clean shot is one of those that just felt good and you absolutely know it--your bow "pops" slightly forward, you had a surprise release, you see the arrow all the way to the target, the release hand drops sightly down and back and the arrow went where the pin was--may not be exactly where you wanted to be but it went where the pin had it.

I was talking to Levi a couple of years ago in Ky and I've heard him tell the story several times, but his Dad used to make him practice with 1 arrow, because regardless of hunting or competition, you only get 1 shot so it must be as close to perfect as can be.

I'll also add that practicing isn't just about shooting, learning how to aim and practicing it is just as important, so don't be afraid to draw, anchor put the pin on the target and just letting it float over it for about 5 seconds concentrating on the spot with pressure into the release and then let down but don't shoot. It won't take long before your pin float gets smaller and smaller and you can hold longer and longer.

Headhunter

http://archeryinnovations.com/

One of the best products on the market for archery, IMO. Especially if you vision is bad or is getting worse with old age and a peep sight becomes a problem. It is not for everyone, but if you want a way to insure you grip with the same pressure, anchor your bow the exact same way every single time, and even can use it as an aiming aid for distance, it is an awesome accessory. If anyone is interested, I will help in any way I can. I don't get paid in anyway I do hunting or fishing, I just believe in this product and to me it is a no brainer, especially for people like me who are not the best shots.

PillsburyDoughboy

TNDeerGuy":9nuwzplz said:
Most people find it the most comfortable to put their jaw bone in between the index and middle knuckle and then place the string on the nose. From there, you will need to adjust the peep height. In other words, adjust the peep--not adjust to the peep if that makes sense.
This

PillsburyDoughboy

I use the center of my nose and I draw back to the lobe of my ear so I know those two points are ON!

Up to Twenty Yards I can pretty much let it fly with out getting the peep centered and everything. Past 20 Yards Its a different story.

Blind Bail shooting really helps. You concentrate on the achor ports and form moreso than where the shot hits. It really helps beginners and experience shooters in almost every respect.