Shed antler dog question

lpo1981

For those of you who have a shed dog or don't with some input. I've been reading pretty good on she dogs an how to train them, I've never really trained a dog to do more than basic commands, I'm pretty sure I can train them to find sheds. Anyway u have an oppurtunity to get a dog, black mouth cur/ pit bull terrier. The mother is a family pet and the father is a working cattle dog. From what I've read black mouth's are good scent and tracking dogs.. Just inserting what everybody thinks on having this type of breed do what I'm wanting. Is it obtainable? Puppies are 8 weeks old. Thanks

rukiddin

This is just a comment, but that cross is going to have a very high prey drive. Combine the natural "gamey-ness" of the pit and the nose and hunt from the BM cur, and your gonna have a dog with a lot of drive/hunt in it. Thats good I reckon, but your lookin for antlers, not game. Again thats just a observation.
Most dogs can be trained to do anything with enough time and patience, so it could turn out great, or if not careful you could be on a witch hunt every time you turn it loose with a very gamey dog with a helluva nose. Just my .02.

Latest posts