Shaming skills

mike243

The only shaming I have done is with my self, unable to gauge age/size at long distances has caused me to take several yearlings, they eat really good but would have passed had I known the size/age. horns never play a part of my decisions for the most part, not sure I will ever kill a great biggun but I'm still looking lol.

mike243

I try not to kill anything under a year old, it's too easy to mistake a buck for a doe imo, you have to set your goals, I prefer more meat for the bang, I prefer to shoot a doe in some area's if there are plenty of deer. I'm not ashamed of any I kill just disappointed I didn't meet my goals. So I reckon your a trophy hunter Imthere? I post my honest goals and thoughts, I don't post yugo I think other hunters want to hear. ymmv

mike243

I think the hunter shames him/herself when they post. Calling the deer little or I should have let how walk or it will eat good. Not really a shining endorsement for killing something imho.
And here is a perfect example of shaming,

ImThere

I try not to kill anything under a year old, it's too easy to mistake a buck for a doe imo, you have to set your goals, I prefer more meat for the bang, I prefer to shoot a doe in some area's if there are plenty of deer. I'm not ashamed of any I kill just disappointed I didn't meet my goals. So I reckon you're a trophy hunter Imthere? I post my honest goals and thoughts, I don't post **** I think other hunters want to hear. ymmv
I feel you said the exact same thing I did.

Nope I feel someone shouldn't belittle there kill when they post. Just say what a glorious day it was in the woods and I killed this deer. I feel like they are saying "i should have let it walk" or "it will eat good
because they are afraid they won't meet internet expectations.

Last edited:

tnanh

Or "where's your blaze orange" comments. There are scenarios where someone might pose for a pic with a deer and not have on their blaze orange.

It's like the class tattle tale that wants to be noticed as virtuous on an Internet forum.
And probably aint virtuous at all their own self. Internet game wardens.

agelessssone

Looks like a nice sized deer. Did you weight him? Antlers don't cook well on the grill. Congratulations
I was kinda surprised at the weights.
Sixer only weighed 95 lbs field dressed and the 8 weighed 115.
I'll kill a couple does to round up the meat weight. If I don't, the lady who lets me hunt her place will be pissed at me. She wants them ALL dead!

timberjack86

I feel you said the exact same thing I did.

Nope I feel someone shouldn't belittle there kill when they post. Just say what a glorious day it was in the woods and I killed this deer. I feel like they are saying "i should have let it walk" or "it will eat good
because they are afraid they won't meet internet expectations.
When I say it'll eat good I mean I killed it for meat. Which is why I hunt. We like to eat good!

Lt.Dan

I was kinda surprised at the weights.
Sixer only weighed 95 lbs field dressed and the 8 weighed 115.
I'll kill a couple does to round up the meat weight. If I don't, the lady who lets me hunt her place will be pissed at me. She wants them ALL dead!
95lbs. dressed is respectable for where I hunt in TN (public land).

ROVERBOY

I don't shame hunters. I've killed small immature bucks in the past. Especially a new hunter or a kid, let them kill what they want. What gets me riled is the dumbasses that will throw the carcass of their deer after they skin and process it, in a ditch on a public road. Why can't the dumbasses throw it somewhere off the road. The coyotes, buzzards, etc. will love it.