Shaming skills

Flintlocksforme

Kill what makes you happy. Envy no one, worst part of hunting are the ones that are jealous of others success. I learned a long time ago that if it's going to happen it's going to happen. Stay positive and focused on what you are doing and forget what others think about it.

m_allison71

2-Step Enabled
Everyone saying they haven't seen buck shaming either hasn't been on here long, or hasn't kept up with it. It's happened, just not as much in the last 5 or 10 years.

Crappieaddict

Well, my freezer has been empty of venison for over a year, and there's this Spike walking around in daylight……
37EACE87-91E0-4B7A-BA67-4CDA76E47F1F.jpeg

Hardwoodmaterials

When I take the kids hunting I let them shoot whatever they want to shoot. I don't care if its a buck, doe, coyote or whatever as long as its legal. We will make a fuss about it no matter what.

BSK

Everyone saying they haven't seen buck shaming either hasn't been on here long, or hasn't kept up with it. It's happened, just not as much in the last 5 or 10 years.
I remember when shaming on here was really bad. But honestly, I don't see it anymore. Primarily because the wannabe trophy hunters all left the site.

Spurhunter

Or "where's your blaze orange" comments. There are scenarios where someone might pose for a pic with a deer and not have on their blaze orange.

It's like the class tattle tale that wants to be noticed as virtuous on an Internet forum.
For some reason I usually don't like blaze orange in kill pics. It just takes away from the natural setting in my opinion. I always take mine off for pics. If that bothers someone I couldn't possibly, in my wildest dreams, care any less.

rem270

I wouldn't shame anyone if they are happy with what they kill. Now, if someone shoots a deer and they aren't happy with it and want to complain then I'll shame them becomes shame on them for not being happy with it. If you're not gonna be happy with it let it live.

Spurhunter

The only shaming is when you shame yourself for killing a buck you consider unworthy.
I seem to do this every couple years in MS. My cousin and I are the only ones that hunt the place and we don't have rules. My favorite stand looks down a 150 yard long food plot that's 15-20 yards wide, so when he crosses you don't have but a few seconds to decide to shoot, get on him and fire. I've been disappointed with ground shrinkage several times. Nobody cares except me, but it's irritating.

agelessssone

I've got a 3.5 year old forkhorn in my area I'm hoping to kill.
If I get him, I'll post a picture of him.
Y'all can shame me while I'm grilling his backstraps and grillin some burgers from him.
Got my big forkhorn today.....but I hadn't noticed his 1" stickers that made him a 6 point.
He'll probably eat good anyway.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231114_170826_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20231114_170826_Messages.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 28

FredRog72

Post a pic of anything less than 200" in any Kentucky forum and the shammers come out of their caves! It's sad. I'm just glad we have this forum where people congratulate you on a "deer" but can also make fun if appropriate and everyone gets to enjoy it. This place and the folks here are different for sure and it's awesome.

BTW, them little ones won't even dull a knife!

Latest posts