Season Success Question

Mike Belt

Now that the bulk of the season is over and most of the prime time hunting is behind us, how did the new 2 buck limit influence your success or lack of thus far? I'm curious to hear if it made any difference in your hunting agenda or outcome. Just asking for the how and why and not your political views on the change.

Crosshairy

I never laid eyes on a deer that I would call a "shooter", but I have spent a disappointingly low amount of time afield. I'm going to have to make some changes with my work commitments, because I'm pretty dissatisfied all around with that, anyway...

My dad, however, has passed on several deer after shooting one small buck, saving his tag for something special.

HuntingDicksonDTC

R.I.P.
As far as buck sightings worst season I have ever had period. I went days and would not see a single deer.
Years past would see deer every sit. Never saw a mature buck while hunting this year. So can't add how it's changed anything for me not this year at least.

spoon

Had a great season! Only killed 1 buck and let 20+ bucks walk. My only complaint is, no does!
None on camera or sighting. On my lease only 11 does seen all season with 42 bucks. Got 6 cameras on this 300
Acres and the pictures tell the same story

jakeway

Not much different from past years. I saw at least one deer every time out except one, and over half of them were small bucks. As per usual, I shot two does for meat and got my second buck this morning. I'm disappointed that I have to quit buck hunting now. We'll see if there are more bigger bucks next year, but I'm not holding my breath. I only take one or two bucks in a year, so our property has a good buck/doe ratio.

jm1981

This has been one of the best seasons I've ever had. Both of my boys tagged out and I got a decent 8. I've had several opportunities to tag out but have been waiting on a monster. As far as the 2 buck limit it has saved 3 different bucks that I otherwise would have taken.

tree_ghost

It hasn't changed my success or approach. I pick the buck out I want to hunt in August. I have never killed more than 1 mature buck in a season. If I can't close the deal tomorrow I feel this maybe the first year I don't punch a tag... But I have hammered some does so my freezer is full!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matador

Didnt affect me and how I hunt. Killed one six pt and passed on 3 spikes and couple of 4 pt. I would have done this with 3 buck limit. Didn't get to hunt the doe hunts as much as I would have liked but still enjoyed my time afield.

catman529

I was a lot more selective this year but it had little if anything to do with the limit. Still killin does though, seasons not over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tn24

I got both my bucks the first week of gun season . The only difference the 2 buck limit has made is that I have not hunted any since then. I am getting a lot more sleep than I usually get this time of year.

280longshot

I generally don't kill over two from being selective, no reason to kill a buck just because he has horns. I hunt in unit L so the 3 doe per day provides me with plenty of meat.
I'm not a trophy hunter just like to see mature deer.

easy45

Hasn't affected me at all, I haven't killed a buck yet and I haven't passed anything that I wouldn't have passed last year.

AllOutdoors

I've had a great season. I killed a nice 9 pt and seen several other bucks. Got to see 2 days of good rutting activity. I passed 2 good 8 pts. Nothing different for me with the 2 buck limit. I passed this guy before taking the 9 pt. Here he is the next morning at 35 yards with a broken brow tine. He got to walk again.
44210562569365a224c5d92638bf8b39.jpg

I got 1 and my daughter has killed one. My son has killed a spike and a doe. 4 total for the freezer.