Season HIGHLIGHT

spitndrum

With the ducks still up north for the most part well and in arkansas and illinois, around here hasnt been the greatest, I tried to get out with tophat but elected not to make the drive due to low numbers. Still yet been having some great hunts with friends around here we might kill a simple one one day then a couple the next but no numbers. Within the last couple of days I spotted some using a pond through the woods behind my house the rest is history, I am really proud of my pup though well she is not a pup she is 4 but she dont get the time in the water she really requires, she does great with a dead dove and a dummy but today was the real test, not taking her with me on the actual hunt was what I decided to do since her blind time is ZERO. But I came home and got her and she had my ducks retrieved within 2 series, never had to tell her different. Dead bird GET IT and off she went.

My 1st 2 Gaddys ever sure is a beautiful Drake!

IMAG0164.jpg

IMAG0170-1.jpg

spitndrum

Didnt realize how mature this bird was until I killed another Gadwall drake today, he musta been a couple years old, didnt have as much brown on his wing.