Season Changes

Iglow

There is a video on youtube about some bunch of 20 odd year olds coming down here from New York.
Here's one of the comments;
"
@thereaper4396

@thereaper4396

2 years ago
Awesome hunt! Glad to see your persistence pay off. But my guy.....that hooting is painful. And by God I mean make my ears bleed painful. I'm sorry, but mercy. I guess I need to come raid Tennessee because those birds will gobble at ANYTHING."

"The reaper" said that.....this is what we're dealing with.

Last edited:

Iglow

You can ban whatever you want, but until you find a way to ban the new generation of kill at all cost morons ,it wont matter, lord how i wish we could ban stupidity out of the woods 😢
You're right. None of this is gonna get any better, they will keep killing them till the twra closes the season if they have the spine to (which they don't), they become so scarce they can't provide enough content or there is a race to get on video the kill of the last gobbler left alive within the borders of the State.

MidTennFisher

Disgusting. And on top of it all real tree sponsored it. Not surprising really from a dogshit company and sorry "pro staff" individuals
What a joke. They actually showed video of her taking that irresponsible of a shot at a gobbler running away from her like that was ok? Then, to make things better, they can't finish the deal with 1 tail fan so why not just bring 2 for the next attempt? Realtree is such trash.

tnanh

I can get down with that but if you ban tss you might as well take longbeard with it. That's what they were promoted to do. Tss never has or at least I haven't seen it. You get the right combo with LB out of a 12ga you can still kill out at 70. Decoy only for bow? What about crossbows? I shoot tss for a 20ga but they live to see another day before I snipe em.
Longbeard and tss dont compare but I dont hunt with either.

deerfever

TSS , longbeards , 3.5 inch shells will not make anyone take long range or unethical shots, that is all up to the man pulling the trigger. I have used TSS and HVW #7 in a 20 gauge for several years and yet to shoot over 35 yards. I simply like the better pattern for a 20 gauge with TSS. You can't fix some people. The real tree video is nuts, if someone had said just a few years ago let's crawl behind these gobbler decoys on a stick while turkey hunting, you would have thought they lost their mind! It's a shame some of this isn't simply illegal. What could possibly go wrong?

Last edited:

Soft Talker

Looks like we will get at least ONE week back of Spring hunting next year. Glad to see it. Be one less week I have to spend in Georgia. Forest Service has even completed most scheduled burning at the RIGHT time this past month. Should make for a fine Turkey Season. ;)

MidTennFisher

Just despicable.

In addition to the lack of skill needed to kill a turkey by fanning, and the negative impact it has on breeding success, holding one of these stupid things in front of your face is like wearing a, "kick me" sign. Except the sign says, "Shoot me in the face with copper plated 5's". For any hunting company to promote it is just pathetic.

MidTennFisher

Looks like we will get at least ONE week back of Spring hunting next year. Glad to see it. Be one less week I have to spend in Georgia. Forest Service has even completed most scheduled burning at the RIGHT time this past month. Should make for a fine Turkey Season. ;)
I thought Georgia was also doing that silliness of burning forests during nesting season, have they improved? We scream bloody murder here about lighting up the forest in April and nobody listens. That fire budget keeps growing and you know that money is going to get used.

A couple years ago I was driving into the national forest here, 3rd week of April, and could see embers glowing from the road as I drove along early in the morning. It's such a shame. I love prescribed fire as a management tool - in the Winter.

Soft Talker

I thought Georgia was also doing that silliness of burning forests during nesting season, have they improved? We scream bloody murder here about lighting up the forest in April and nobody listens. That fire budget keeps growing and you know that money is going to get used.

A couple years ago I was driving into the national forest here, 3rd week of April, and could see embers glowing from the road as I drove along early in the morning. It's such a shame. I love prescribed fire as a management tool - in the Winter.
Cohutta burnt a piece 2 weeks ago, which was good, but I am sure both them and us will go back to burning up nests in the future. They are stupid like that. Just glad it won't be this year, at least on my spots.

Doskil

Prescribed burning is good for deer

Gets things growing in the spring for the deer with a spring burn

Can't please all hunters

Hawk103161

There is so many "Glass House" people it is funny. You know them Azz wipes in the video had on Real tree camo. wore a mossy oak hat. Had on Fruit of the loom drawers. Under Armour Socks. Used H.S. Strutt calls. Sony Cameras with a backup Go Pro. Shoot I bet they even had their guns out of their scabards/cases. All of those POS companies should be banned from store's for life. Does that sound holier than thou yet? Oh wait I forgot the Stupid people in the Woods.... Where's my sharp stick and slingshot at I've got to go practice.

Spurhunter

In addition to the lack of skill needed to kill a turkey by fanning, and the negative impact it has on breeding success, holding one of these stupid things in front of your face is like wearing a, "kick me" sign. Except the sign says, "Shoot me in the face with copper plated 5's". For any hunting company to promote it is just pathetic.
I won't shed a tear for any idiot that crawls around behind a fan and gets blasted. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Latest posts