Scope ?

W.Seay

I had a friend give me a brand new bushnell elite 3200 matte finish 3 x 9 x 50 scope. I do not skimp on optics but since it was free I have thought about putting it on my new savage 10MLII if it is a good scope.I want to hear about this scope from everyone who has owned one.Thanks

7mm08

I have a 4x12 3200 on my Remington 7mm-08 Mountain. There was an article about a year ago in Field and Stream their gun guy Petzel? on those scopes. I like mine. I looked at a lot of scopes including those that were more expensive and some I couldn't pronounce the names, but I kept coming back to that one.
Good luck

backstraps

I love the Elite Series of Bushnell! I hear people say for the money you cant beat them... well given the fact I know people that has the money to buy whatever scope they want, and bought the Elite 4200 and 3200. They didnt get caught up in the hype you get what you paid for so spend 700-1500 for the "more popular" brand names!

You have a great scope, perfectly clear, I have a couple and love them!

(sold one of the higher prices name brands, and bought two Elites)

BZ911

I had issues with one in thick cover. could not get on the buck...I sold it...

CZ284

BZ,
The scope is not the problem. It's the rifle. Using a good scope on a Rem 700 is like putting a silver handle on a club. No matter how you dress it up, it's still a club. ;-)

CZ284

.300 WSM said:
DA, I thought that Browning was!

.300- I like the way you think! I'm a Browining fan myself- A bolt customized in 284 Winchester, restocked with a Mc Millan pillar bedded and floated. Orignially shot under half inch at 100 yards, now even less. I'd put it up against any tomato stake Remington makes.

.300 WSM

CZ,
I've bought an A-bolt II last year and man that is an accurate gun! I love it, I've been a BAR user in the past and I still like them too. I was just pick'in at DA, there are several good manufacturers of rifles and guns, but I'm partial to Browning.

CZ284

.300-

I've got a running banter going with BZ(he works in the same building I do) about the Remingtons. Nothing wrong with them at all, I just happen to like Brownings. My A bolt started out as a 7/08 but I always wanted something in 284 Winchester after having a big bore silhouette bolt handgun back in the 80s that was chambered in it. They can be finicky, but I found a good load (5 shots in .440 inch) with Barnes bullets that is a real killer. Find what works and stick with it.

sgtwebb1

DEER ASSASSIN said:
CZ284 said:
BZ,
The scope is not the problem. It's the rifle. Using a good scope on a Rem 700 is like putting a silver handle on a club. No matter how you dress it up, it's still a club. ;-)

put the crack pipe down

remington is the finest rifle made

Maybe they would be if Winchester Model 70's didn't exist. Or Tikka's.

Latest posts