Scent on Soft Plastic baits

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
I have been watching some fisherman on youtube that fish in the ocean. (Fishaholic and Bama Beach Bum) When they are using soft plastics I see them putting different types of scent on them. Does anyone do this in freshwater? I have used the Berkley power worms for a while and they are supposedly infused with something, but I also fished for years with runner worms that almost smelled like a new pair of Goodyear's. Just wanted some opinions.

Spurhunter

I saw Woo Daves at a BASS seminar in 1998. He said "I might go fishing and forget my underwear, but I don't forget my scent spray." Even he admitted that it might not help but certainly won't hurt. I use it, but not sure if it matters.

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
I saw Woo Daves at a BASS seminar in 1998. He said "I might go fishing and forget my underwear, but I don't forget my scent spray." Even he admitted that it might not help but certainly won't hurt. I use it, but not sure if it matters.
I definitely don't think it can hurt. I still put crappie nibbles on my crappie jigs sometimes. Don't know if they help, but I don't think they hurt.

Latest posts