Savage 110 hunter/ Bergara B-14 hunter or Ridge hunter

REN

Looking at picking up a 3rd rifle (maybe 6.5 or 7mm08 again) and just wondered if anyone has feedback on use of these specifically the accuracy or functions they like or dislike? How is the stock, does it feel cheap or mushy or are they decent? Was looking into Tikka as well but man I hate the stocks on them so much Id just have to buy one and replace it with a boyd stock or something.

The savage 110 is cheaper unless you get the high county version which looks cool but not sure I like the spiral fluting on bolt and barrel, kinda wish it was just straight fluting or a jeweled bolt instead.

Anways any feedback on them would be great.

backyardtndeer

Don't have experience with the exact models you are looking at but bergara barrels in my experience with them in muzzleloaders is that they are very accurate. Was seriously considering a bergara bolt gun and may still end up with one eventually. With that being said savage guns are also known to be accurate out of the box with little done to them. I bought my wife a model 10 several years ago in 243. All I have done to that rifle is a trigger job, brought it down to about 3.5 lbs, it is very accurate. The stock on her gun is ugly but that does not stop get from killing deer with it.

Don't think you could go wrong with either.

GMB54

B-14s feel solid. Great rifle for something "out of the box" and compatible with Rem700 upgrades like triggers/stocks/scope mounts.

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
I have a bergara ridge in 6.5 creedmoor. It's a shooter and I love it. The barrel may be to heavy for some, but it's a shooter.

Long walker

I have several Savages and all are shooters. They're also great if you like doing some of your own smithing and want to do barrel swaps, etc. I own one Howa a heavy barrel .308 and it's very accurate as well. Only issue I had was on a handloads w/Berger 185 Juggernaut and mag length. I had to single load them but it was a bench target load so no biggie. Was the first rifle I hit a gong at 1000 yards.

dpmiller613

Savages, how much experience with them do you want to know about? I have four 99s, 30-30, 303 Savage, 300 Savage and a 250-3000 take down. Most of them are over one hundred years old. All except the 303 still shoot extremely well for shorter ranges. But they never were long range calibers. I also suffer from another malady, I'm left handed. I have 110s in 30-06, 7mm Mag, 264 Win Mag, 243 and 22-250 bull barrel. The mags came from the factory with stainless barrels. The only one I re-barreled is the 30-06. I also have a 10 in 7-08 that shoots very well. I had the opportunity to meet with the original Savage master gunsmith about thirty years ago when it was still Savage, He's the one who took me through the entire history of the original Savage Arms. Don't slight even the new rifles, they aren't like my Browning A-Bolt but they do shoot well. They don't look like a thousand dollar rifle but, I've yet to see a deer that cared what your rifle looked like.

Latest posts