Steyr pro hunter ll

tpgarrett21

recently picked up a Steyr 243 to try out since they were on clearance... still are as far as I know. got to shoot some groups with it today and was pretty impressed. it did well with everything 100 grain, only thing it didn't like was 80 grain Remington. think this might be my new do-it-all rifle... thrilled this and my tikka ctr both loved federal powershok 😆

Attachments

• 20240204_164704.jpg
    20240204_164704.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 21

Andy S.

That'll work, exactly what I look for in a factory rifle, 100 yards, off bags. Ofc, as you stated, you have to find the ammo it likes and stock up on it. Thanks for sharing. How is the factory trigger?

tpgarrett21

That'll work, exactly what I look for in a factory rifle, 100 yards, off bags. Ofc, as you stated, you have to find the ammo it likes and stock up on it. Thanks for sharing. How is the factory trigger?
I was kinda skeptical at first, the bolt feels a little "wonky" but I'm use to tikka/bergara. and yeah I was happy it liked the cheap stuff, I'll be keeping an eye out for some more federal. the trigger on my opinion was great, smooth, no creep and surprised you. comparable to my B14 Hunter. the stock feels pretty great to, little palm swell on the handle...

Latest posts