[New Product] Smith & Wesson 1854 Lever

DaveTN

Smith & Wesson enters with a modern lever action .44. with an MSRP of $1279.

Or a mere $3499 if you want walnut. šŸ¤£

D3HS6gg.jpg

OPMdZ5n.jpg

DaveTN

The comments on the S&W forums about this gun are cracking me up. I'm pretty sure most of the guys making silly comments aren't Gen Zers. But their comments sound like they are. šŸ¤£

It's a copy of a Marlin, It's a copy of a Henry, it should be in .45 Colt, It should be in a hunting cartridge like 460 or 500 mag cartridges.

backyardtndeer

I often delete without opening those emails from s&w, but I looked at this one this morning and went to the link they gave in the email. If they offered the walnut stock on the stainless might be interesting, that black stock is really ugly though.

DaveTN

If they offered the walnut stock on the stainless might be interesting, that black stock is really ugly though.
All synthetic stocks are ugly (IMO). People buy them for one of two reasons, they are going to use the gun in the wild and don't want to have to worry about the stock, or they buy them because they are cheap. For some reason, Smith & Wesson thinks this rifle with walnut stock and Black PVD finish is worth $2200 over the price of the synthetic rifle. That's laughable. šŸ¤£ But they will sell.

backyardtndeer

All synthetic stocks are ugly (IMO). People buy them for one of two reasons, they are going to use the gun in the wild and don't want to have to worry about the stock, or they buy them because they are cheap. For some reason, Smith & Wesson thinks this rifle with walnut stock and Black PVD finish is worth $2200 over the price of the synthetic rifle. That's laughable. šŸ¤£ But they will sell.
That one is extra ugly.

vonb

I like it it. However, the only appeal over Henry and Marlin is that they are offering a .44 Mag in true stainless and not a coating. The only other stainless .44 Mag out there is the Rossi 92. Otherwise, the others have beat them to the market. Long-term support by S&W will be interesting considering how they have bailed on other product lines. TC comes to mind.

MoonBuzzard

I like it it. However, the only appeal over Henry and Marlin is that they are offering a .44 Mag in true stainless and not a coating. The only other stainless .44 Mag out there is the Rossi 92. Otherwise, the others have beat them to the market. Long-term support by S&W will be interesting considering how they have bailed on other product lines. TC comes to mind.
Marlin made a true stainless 44. You won't find one cheap these days but they are out there.

vonb

Marlin made a true stainless 44. You won't find one cheap these days but they are out there.
Correct. The point I was trying to make is that they don't make one currently. Rossi is the only other stinless currently made.

Latest posts