Santa brought me a new rifle

BuckWild

Steyr Mannlichter Model M Luxus 30.06. Long story but my wife bought it from one of her friends. Her husband was a Dr. here in Memphis and bought the gun in 1977 or 1978. It was still in the box in their gun safe. He passed away about 10 years ago and she decided to sell them. Momma got me this one for Christmas.

The photos don't do any justice to the rifle. The hammer forged barrel is stunning. I'll try to take some without the flash.
It has a Mannlichter 3x9 scope on it. I can't find anything on Mannlichter optics. Anybody know anything about them?

luxus1.jpg

luxus2.jpg

scope.jpg

I guess it has been fired. :D

test.jpg

mike243

great looking gun,how about a pic of the other side though? like to see where the metal meets the lead :) every body needs a great wife like yours :) mine has bought me several guns over the years also,mike243

TiminTN

Shes a looker Buckwild. It has been forever since I have seen one of those, but I sure remember how smooth the action was and the forging pattern in the barrel was awesome.
You must have been a very, very good boy!!!

Congradulations.

BuckWild

Thanks Tim. You know I told you I was going to try and buy this rifle. Well the wife worked out a deal with her friend and surprised me with it yesterday. She got it for a lot less than I was going to offer the lady. I'm still thinking about that Model L she has. I just don't know how much use I'd get out of a 22-250.

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
Merry Christmas Buck. Very nice present. Got a Uncle with one very simalar. Not sure the target might be where the gun was tested at the factory. He has his framed .No telling how many deer and other Big Game animals he has taken around the world with it.

Plateau Hunter

Very nice BuckWild. Steyr makes nice rifles. Personally I like a lot of the Euro rifles-they are a little spendy but the excellent workmanship really enhances the pride of ownership.
A nice all purpose caliber too. Plateau Hunter

Whelen Man

R.I.P.
Nice rifle but it's the wife that's a gem. If she get's tired of you let me know. I'm not in the market for a replacement but I might consider becoming a Mormon. Women like that don't come along just every day.

Latest posts