salt

Hunter 257W

Salt is cheap so why not freshen up the scrapes if it's been a while since you put any out. I like to put salt/minerals out early Spring and mid Summer myself. Some scrapes they almost stop coming to by about October while one I have is visited year round. It is right beside a patch of imperial clover in the middle of the woods so deer spend a lot of time nearby and feel comfortable there. Over time you can alter the whole herds travel to a degree with salt I think.

catman529

KPH":180ryqjk said:
You boys got me all confused I don't know if I want to put some out or not. I have one place maybe two they are still hitting.
doesn't hurt to dump some out and see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Mike Belt":1tz5dn7h said:
I'm wondering how many people use salt licks but are opposed to mineral licks due to CWD.

As I understand it, in the CWD zone, we are not supposed to use either.

BigAl

Before CWD, the deer used my licks year round. As mentioned, not as much in winter, but they still use the salt, more so at night to coordinate with their movement. They are still using the salt after I started putting it out after CWD, so there's less traffic than before, but they still dig around that ground space.