More salt for the Crater

catman529

It's been there for 2 years now and I usually add salt right after deer season. This year I'm running late but I put in 50 pounds of Redmond (same salt as Trohpy Rock).

Now I need to get a new trail camera. I'm wondering if the white buck will be back with his 2nd set of antlers, or if the old doe Horsey is still alive (doubt it) or what the 2 year old I passed last year looks like this year. Time to look for a cheap trail cam I guess.

836a9cc531af6f0754dbcd43150c0fc3.jpg

1f0ccba77a7e9a619bd706224a087f6d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BULL MOOSE

Catman,
If I recall you also seemed to like those little tascos. I got a few out of the Black Friday sale bins while in Wal mart late one night. I can ship it to you for what I paid, if you want one. They look exactly like some Primos on sale for $50 now at dicks.

catman529

BULL MOOSE":2ts4io8a said:
Catman,
If I recall you also seemed to like those little tascos. I got a few out of the Black Friday sale bins while in Wal mart late one night. I can ship it to you for what I paid, if you want one. They look exactly like some Primos on sale for $50 now at dicks.
thanks man I haven't ever tried one but have wanted to. What did you pay for em?

JDS

catman529":3u4u7xge said:
It's been there for 2 years now and I usually add salt right after deer season. This year I'm running late but I put in 50 pounds of Redmond (same salt as Trohpy Rock).

Now I need to get a new trail camera. I'm wondering if the white buck will be back with his 2nd set of antlers, or if the old doe Horsey is still alive (doubt it) or what the 2 year old I passed last year looks like this year. Time to look for a cheap trail cam I guess.

Catman, if you don't mind me asking, where did you buy the salt/minerals and what's the current price? Thanks BTW I found your YouTube channel a while back and the vids are awesome. Thanks for doing them.

catman529

JDS":1a9ra49e said:
catman529":1a9ra49e said:

Catman, if you don't mind me asking, where did you buy the salt/minerals and what's the current price? Thanks BTW I found your YouTube channel a while back and the vids are awesome. Thanks for doing them.
thanks JDS. Last time I bought the salt it was $9 or 10 from Co-op

BSK

Yup, those deer can eat a lot of salty dirt! This hole in the ground used to be a mound of red clay 3 feet high (a root-wad from an upturned tree). And this picture is old. Now any remnants of the original mound of clay is gone. It's just a big hole in the ground.

Latest posts