Sad day at Sardis yesterday

fairchaser

Went crappie fishing with my two sons and a friend yesterday and I'll spare you the details of the 100s of boats and crowded ramp. When we're trying to get out, there were boats backed up at the ramp and we noticed a chopper, police and ambulance. We then talked to someone and found someone had a heart attack at the ramp.

As we got closer, we noticed the white sheet covering a body. As the family pulled onto the ramp, and hurried to the scene, my heart went out to them. We later heard the man was only 51. His fishing buddy was down there sobbing. But for God's grace go I.

Please keep his family in your prayers. If anyone has more details you can share, please do so we can pray for the family.

Last edited:

SES

I was playing in a softball tournament in Bean Station close to 20 years ago and a player on the team we were playing had a heart aneurism and died on the field. I was standing on second and he was playing short. His wife and young daughter came out on the field screaming as a teammate started CPR. He was 21. Saddest thing I've ever seen.

BuckWild

A friend of mine was telling me about this incident yesterday. He helped them get the man back in the boat.

Here is the text he sent me.

I was going down middle of lake just west of holiday and saw two guys leaning over side boat. I kept looking and got past them and realized they were holding a guys head up out water. I beelined over and asked if they needed help and to get him back to motor and he could climb up. That's when they told me he was unconscious. I was able to get over behind him and grab his pants from behind other two guys in their boat tugged from the front and we were able to drag him over in their boat. Barely wheezing. I told them go to ramp and I called 911. Got him to bank they worked on him but he didn't make it. Think he had heart attack and fell over. Bad day. Those guys weren't yelling for help or anything. I had already passed before I figured out what was going on. They would have never gotten him in that boat alone. 280 lbs soaking wet with big sidewalls on boat. Wish it would have ended better

Latest posts