Ruger/Marlin 336

Hduke86

Your 100% correct, I own some nice rifles and shotguns and everyone one of them has some dings and a scratch and that's fine. I am a hunter not a collector!! And I love beautiful rifles and shotguns but not to look at. My dad told me they was a tool, made to use but to be taken care of.
Yea as much as it pains me to sell a few. That may be the route I go cause I think I've came to the conclusion that getting rid of a few that never see the light of day and putting that towards a custom lightweight rifle is the direction I may go.

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
Your 100% correct, I own some nice rifles and shotguns and everyone one of them has some dings and a scratch and that's fine. I am a hunter not a collector!! And I love beautiful rifles and shotguns but not to look at. My dad told me they was a tool, made to use but to be taken care of.
The only reason I can call anything a safe queen is because I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet

Red-Team-98

If I was to buy a Marlin 336C it would be a JM model pre lawyer safety. Great Medium range deer rifle especially when a low power scope is attached a great advantage over the Win 94 at the time the Marlin 336.

Lost Lake

Not what you say a good entry priced rifle as of the past a lot of good young hunters like myself started with a Win 94 and Marlin 336 Carbine. I imagine it was at one time Americas no 1 deer gun.
I started with a model 94 Winchester, and never really left them. There are quite a few nice bolt actions in my safe, but more often that not I'll reach for a model 94 in 30/30 or .375. Maybe even my old Marlin .444.

They kill very nice and nothing can beat how they carry. They are what I envision a "Deer Rifle" should be.

Last edited:

DaveTN

Winchester, Henry and Uberti are all around a grand or more for decent centerfires. Rossi is around the $600 range. I assume Ruger will want to be in the top. It will be interesting to see. They are an American Company and I hope they do well in their new category.

Remember not that long ago when we could find these used, all over the place, for $300-$400? :)

Lost Lake

Winchester, Henry and Uberti are all around a grand or more for decent centerfires. Rossi is around the $600 range. I assume Ruger will want to be in the top. It will be interesting to see. They are an American Company and I hope they do well in their new category.

Remember not that long ago when we could find these used, all over the place, for $300-$400? :)
Yes….I do. Decent Winchesters and JM stamped Marlins too.

Last edited:

DaveTN

Looks like the 336 Classic has an MSRP of $1239. Prices are all over the place because I don't see anyone that has them in stock. From $600 to $1800

🤣 🤣

SolaBeard

Looks like the 336 Classic has an MSRP of $1239. Prices are all over the place because I don't see anyone that has them in stock. From $600 to $1800

🤣 🤣
Way higher than I had hoped! 😞

Latest posts