Ruger American predator magazine fail

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
I know 5 people who own a Ruger American predator rifle in 3 different calibers that all are having issues with the magazine not advancing the next round after the shot. All have the low profile / semi flush mount magazine. To me it has a weak spring, too little guidance and is not sized to the round. Anybody else?

JCDEERMAN

I'm not sure about the "predator", but I have a Ruger American rifle in .223. Are they the same rifle? Either they are different or the name changed. Mine didn't have "predator" tacked on to the name when I bought it.

I got mine early on way before they got popular. I've never had an issue. Also, mine takes AR mags, not the mag I believe you're referring to.

Remi

My American Predator had the AICS mag and I never had an issue with feeding. I swapped to the Magpul stock and the Ruger mag and Magpul mags feed flawlessly.

Robtattoo

Call Ruger & buy a replacement magwell for $30, then use AICS style mags.
The problem goes instantly away.
20220318_141633.jpg

NoMoreRugersFor Me

I know 5 people who own a Ruger American predator rifle in 3 different calibers that all are having issues with the magazine not advancing the next round after the shot. All have the low profile / semi flush mount magazine. To me it has a weak spring, too little guidance and is not sized to the round. Anybody else?
I've .308 Preditor. The Magazines fall out of the rifle on firing. And one had the release lever break off. Don't buy these rifles!

NoMoreRugersFor Me

The magazines fall out of the rifle and/or just plain break. Ruger won't improve the magazines despite many complaints.

Remi

My Predator was in 6.5cm and had the AICS mag. I never had an issue with my mags not functioning. A friend has the same in 6cm and his has been flawless.

AICS is an improvement.

Last edited:

ImThere

I've had mine for 10ish years. Never had the first problem with the mag. Did they change something ? No acis mag for Ming just the original rotary type mag

Now I have had the bolt lift when walking.

Latest posts