Rope instead of straps?

Shanman

Have any of you guys used rope instead of straps to stabilize a ladder stand? The ones that crisscross behind the tree and dog off at the ladder. I'm wondering if I can use the rope in order to get away from the solid black straps. I know deer don't care but the included straps just stick out like a sore thumb and trying to avoid attention when on public land.

MickThompson

Shanman":2gyozgjh said:
Have any of you guys used rope instead of straps to stabilize a ladder stand? The ones that crisscross behind the tree and dog off at the ladder. I'm wondering if I can use the rope in order to get away from the solid black straps. I know deer don't care but the included straps just stick out like a sore thumb and trying to avoid attention when on public land.

You're propping a 17' steel ladder in the woods, and the strap 17' up the tree is what you're worried about someone seeing? There isn't any hiding a ladder on public land. It will get found by someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shanman

I agree you can't hide a stand, but steps can be taken so that they are not as noticeable from a distance once the leaves fall. Those black ratchet straps and black stabilizer straps are always the first thing that catches my eye when I see others stands out hunting.

greg ballard

I'm a total newbie to it but the saddle route won't be seen nor my steps unless I'm using them and in the saddle----8 pounds or so to carry around--perfect for public land.
We have ladders on our lease

Mike Belt

I've found quite a few stands from the back side without ever seeing the stand just because of those black straps. It's not that the deer would notice them but another person would.

Latest posts