Rifle brass

Hunter 257W

No value at all, please send it to me for disposal! Nah, seriously there is definitely value in any ammo component that can be reloaded. Keep them all whether you ever use them yourself or want to trade them for ammo or whatever later.

For pricing it's worth about $1 each and possibly quite a bit more depending on what cartridge you are talking about.

Carlos

No value at all, please send it to me for disposal! Nah, seriously there is definitely value in any ammo component that can be reloaded. Keep them all whether you ever use them yourself or want to trade them for ammo or whatever later.

For pricing it's worth about $1 each and possibly quite a bit more depending on what cartridge you are talking about.
A dollar each?

DaveB

Take a quick look at
Brassmanbrass.com
for a quick idea of the value.

Your problem is you do not have enough volume (except 270) to drive your price up. Groups of 50 or 100, same headstamp, decapped, SS tumbled, those are what drive the price up.

I'm staring at 400 223 brass on my to-do desk that are probably worth in the 75 cent to $1.00 range as they are primered and meet the crteria above.

If I was selling.

Hunter 257W

OK, I guess I miss-spoke on the $1 each. Guess I was thinking of the Weatherby cases which I've bought a lot of. What Dave said about quantity is a good point. If you don't have at least 50 of a given cartridge it's not worth the shipping costs to buy it.

DaveB

However, do not throw anything away. Back around 2012? I need some 7mm08 brass. I would have been grateful for 30 pieces. Maybe not $30.00 grateful but you get the idea.

Whitetaillane8

Thanks for the replies. I checked the Brassman site. They appear to be out of everything but it gives me an idea of value. I wasn't looking to get top dollar but whatever I got, I have turn around and pay high prices for .260 Remington that I now shoot.

Tenntrapper

Thanks for the replies. I checked the Brassman site. They appear to be out of everything but it gives me an idea of value. I wasn't looking to get top dollar but whatever I got, I have turn around and pay high prices for .260 Remington that I now shoot.
Can't you use the 7/08 brass? Just lube it good and run it through your sizing die. I've done it before for 260

Latest posts