Recommendation on Rifle Brass

Uncle J

I am looking for brand recommendations on brass for my 7 mm Rem Mag. I noticed a few weeks ago that much of my existing brass is getting some mileage on it. Times have certainly changed - once upon a time (~20 years ago) brass for a 7mm was readily available only behind a handful of more common standard cartridges. I'm looking to buy up a descent amount to last me a couple more decades like before lol. Do you have any recommendations on brass brand? Remington and Winchester are all out of stock and no estimated time on restock, and star line doesn't list 7mm. I've been looking at going either Nosler or Peterson, but would love to hear if anyone has good or bad experience with either before bitting the bullet! With an election year upon us I know if likely won't get much better so any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Remi

Peterson is excellent

I use it in my 6cm and 6.5cm. It is thick like Lapua so I had to drop my charges down but it is very uniform and consistent. I took 5 pieces for load development and they're on their 13th firing, I've annealed every 3 firings. My dies are set to push the shoulder .002" for headspace so that helps extend life as well.

Tenntrapper

If you're looking for what I consider a good deal...just buy some loaded Norma ammo...the Whitetail line. It's very good, consistent ammo, and is only marginally more than their brass...which I find to be excellent.
Otherwise...I like Lapua and Peterson. Been wanting to try the Alpha brass...just haven't gotten around to it.

Latest posts