Rifle Brass

mr.big

I would get Lapua 30-06 and run it through my FL size die ,,if you shoot much as I do it will pay for itself ,,not to mention the extra pressure it will hold,,

IME Hornady brass is soft

Pennywise67

Hunter 257W":io0oexk6 said:
Why don't you just order the Hornady from Midway?

Never been that impressed with Hornady brass. Looking to see if anyone had a place with some better prices. Always shot allot of Norma,Federal and Winchester brass. I could convert some of my 30/06 brass I am not using. But I like to have extra on hand :tu:

Pennywise67

DaveB":3d0mg737 said:
Yes. This guy has them....Federal headstamp and with primers.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =552400546

Be interested in knowing your results.

Hmm might be good. I have never really used pre primed brass for hunting loads. I guess once i run through it I would have to go back to load development and start with my primers.

DaveB

Carefully deprime 10 and go with your own primer choice. Load up ten with your primers and 10 with the others, compare results, use a Chrony if you have one.

That is what I am doing with the 22-250 brass I purchased from the site.

The higher-end brass is available in lots of places and as Mr. B notes the long term advantages are hard to beat.

TNRifleman

Pennywise67":3b9hdi3m said:
Anyone got a good place to get brass? need 100-200 25/06. Midway has Hornady on sale 50 for $33. Thanks

Larry

Larry, I think I still have a hundred rounds of once fired brass at the house. I live in Collierville near 385 and Poplar. Would be happy to give them to you if you want them. I don't reload, nor do I have a 25-06 any more. They will be mostly from Federal Premium ammo, Remington Core-Lokts and some Nosler I believe. I will have to dig through them to be sure but PM me if you want them.

Pennywise67

TNRifleman":1zktnrr1 said:
Pennywise67":1zktnrr1 said:
Anyone got a good place to get brass? need 100-200 25/06. Midway has Hornady on sale 50 for $33. Thanks

Larry

Larry, I think I still have a hundred rounds of once fired brass at the house. I live in Collierville near 385 and Poplar. Would be happy to give them to you if you want them. I don't reload, nor do I have a 25-06 any more. They will be mostly from Federal Premium ammo, Remington Core-Lokts and some Nosler I believe. I will have to dig through them to be sure but PM me if you want them.
Sounds good PM sent!

Larry

Latest posts