Reduced recoil.

Rakkin6

I have fired the reduced recoil for the 12 gauge and there is a noticeable difference in those. So I am sure the 20 gauge would be the same. If you think they still might be a little to much you could add some weight to the gun by putting a roll of nickels in the fore end of the gun or add a recoil pad.

Bucket

I don't know about the reduced recoil loads, but I did get a recoil reducing stock for our 870 20 ga. that was also adjustable. I also trick my boys - they shoot dove loads to practice. They don't notice the real thing when shooting at a turkey!

deerfever

The limbsaver recoil pad makes a huge difference! Slips right over the butt pad and takes away a ton of the recoil. My son used one when he started and shooting the 20 gauge never phased him. I would let him shoot light loads and then he started out using the Federal HVW #7 2.75 inch for turkey. He is now 11 and just shoots TSS #9 3 inch without issue. That pad will help out !

Rakkin6

Yeah those recoil pads are nice. I use one of the slip-on recoil pads when I am sighting in/patterning my guns. 12 gauge slugs and turkey loads will give your shoulder a beating.

megalomaniac

Since switching to the 20g and TSS, I've only shot the reduced recoil Federal factory loads. Recoil seems mild, and my youngest daughter didnt have a problem killing her first gobbler a couple years ago at age 10 (and shes pretty petite)

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Uncle Jesse

Yes they make a difference. My daughter and I have killed several turkeys with 20 gauge 2 3/4 1 ounce load of Fiocchi golden pheasant 7.5. They're not expensive and really forgiving if your aim is off a little

Latest posts