LBL QUOTA HUNT PERMITS REDUCED BY 100 ON THE TN PORTION

SKFOOTER

The reason given is to improve the quality of the hunts. Does anyone know if the Kentucky portion of LBL had its Quota permits reduced and if not, why not?? Also, successful hunters on the Quota hunts can now hunt the first week of the Non-Quota hunts. This seems to be contradictory to their wanting to improve the quality of the hunts??

catman529

letsgohunting":36jz7xot said:
Seems like the whole state may have quality hunt issues that is expect Maury county of course
yep the fall season and 4 bird limit has killed off 90% of the turkeys in the entire state except Maury county which has a turkey or 10 behind every tree, rock and house, and they even roost on the road thicker than starlings in a golf course, and their droppings on the road are like snow they have to plow the roads daily, it's like the passenger pigeon has returned to existence in turkey form, and it's all twra's fault for making the wrong limits and not redistributing the wealth to other counties.....jk of course

Sent from the talk of tap

AT Hiker

That makes no sense to me, is the LBl quota packed? I always hunt the non quota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TLRanger

The way I read it, ALL quota hunts have been reduced by 100, KY and TN.
From the last information I have, the application have fell from 2724 in 2006 to 2261 in 2012. I think these numbers include applications from both states. I guess the increase in the permits is the main reason for the decline.