Red Beans and rice w/andouie sausage

jb3

Hey Jim, see the menu below. City house is the Germantown area next to Farmers Market. They have a standard menu, but Sundays are always a little different. Sometimes they will have "eadcheese" and alos "crispy pig ears", both made in-house.
By the way, best pizza I've ever eaten was there.

City House
Sunday Supper
January 3, 2010

Pork Snacks:

Liver Terrina, Biscuits, Perserves
Porkey Joe
Ciciolli & Hush Puppies
Marsalla Braised Pork Belly, Fennel, Onions, Toast

Other Snacks:

Boiled Peanuts
Smoked Sunburst Trout, Clementine, Rocket, Chives
Butternut Squash Budino, Walnut Pesto, Crackers
Brussell Sprout Salad, Peanuts, Carrots, Buttermilk Dressing

Pizza:

Fava, Salami Bits, Red Onion, Pecorino
Kale, Chick Peas, Montasio, Chilies
T.B.'s Canadian Bacon, Pineapple, Tomato, Mozzarella

Fish & Meat:

Pork Meatballs, Tomato Ragu, Grana Padano, Garlic Toast
South Carolina Flounder, Cornmeal Crust, Potato Aioli, Citris Slaw
TN Duck Sugo, Semolina Terrina, Vella Dry Jack

JimFromTN

I will probably be out that way this weekend, I will have to check out both of those places. Maybe I can find out how much that bacon is.

WTM

01-20-10_1927.jpg

ca c'est bon!!!!

Hawk

jb3 said:
Hey Jim, not sure what part of Nashville you're in, but Lazzaroli in the Germantown area (next to farmer's market) has some 'Guanciale'. It's bacon made from the pigs cheeks/jowls. I've yet to purchase any or even ask how much it cost, but looks interesting. They get it from a butcher/market in Seattle, 'Salumi' (sp). The family that runs it, 'Batali', same as Mario Batali. Got some smoked paprika salami from there during the holidays and it was awesome. They said Mario's father made it.

I tried to find Lazzaroli's today. The location on Eighth Ave/Rosa Parks is closed. I was told it has relocated to the factory mall in Franklin. What the hay is a factory mall?

Hogbear

Don't know if this is true Cajun style but it's the way my kinfolks make it.

1 lb sausage
salt, pepper
1 onion chopped
1 green pepper chopped
2 cans kidney beans
1 can water
worchestershire sauce
tobasco sauce
garlic
cooked rice (4 servings)

Cut sausage into bite-sized pieces. Cook over low heat with a little salt, a lot of pepper, onions an green peppers. Add beans, water, and season generously with worchestershire, lightly with garlic and tobasco. Simmer 20-30 minutes, stirring and mashing a few beans occaisionallly. Adjust seasonings and water until you get the sauce the way you like it. Serve over rice.

jb3

Hawk, lazzaroli's is on 5th ave (i believe) in the germantown area of Nashville, just above Farmers Market. It's just off of Rosa Parks/8th ave.

The factory mall you're talking about is probably Franklin Factory, which I belive is the old Jamison Bedding buildings. There's a restaurant or two there plus a bunch of shops $$$$.

Hawk

jb3 said:
Hawk, lazzaroli's is on 5th ave (i believe) in the germantown area of Nashville, just above Farmers Market. It's just off of Rosa Parks/8th ave.

The factory mall you're talking about is probably Franklin Factory, which I belive is the old Jamison Bedding buildings. There's a restaurant or two there plus a bunch of shops $$$$.

Thank for the correction. I'll be moving from the Maxwell House to the Doubletree this morning and I will cruise around until I find it. That salami sounds great.

Hawk

Found it.
Lazzaroli's is just up the street from Germantown Cafe.
I bought some of the Armaniono Batali salumi from Seattle that you mentioned. They think a lot of it. $$$$

Thanks for the help.

bowriter

R.I.P.
Next time you are going to make beans and rice, try using black beans instead of red. Add 1/2 can of Rotel tomatoes with habanero peppers. My sister adds a couple chopped Hebrew National hot dogs.