Rebuilding grizzly engine

PickettSFHunter

I'm trying to figure out if this would be worth it or not and could use input from those experienced. My 99 grizzly 600 is fouling plugs every 3 weeks or so. They are very oily. I can see oil on a plug just by seating it and taking it back out without starting. I have read this is likely due to needing new seals and a top end. Everything else on this atv is in great shape so I hate to scrap it but that may be advisable? Not sure of the cost or practicality of doing this yourself? I only know of 2 mechanics in my area. 1 takes a year or more, the other won't actually fix problems. Just not sure what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TN RDG RNR

If you like the atv rebuild it. I live between Pikeville & Dayton on Hwy 30 and have been working on Atvs for 7 years and could do the work. pm me if you'd like details.
Keith

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Forvols

I think I would rebuild. If my 2005 Honda Foreman 500 needs it I will. I bought it new in 05 so if it aint complete failure I will rebuild. I know the machine and how to ride it. thats a big comfort in some really rugged land I hunt and scout on. These NETN ridges get steep and rocky.

Latest posts