Anyone on here rebuild ATV engines

Knothead

I have a Honda 200 ATC, 1983 3-wheeler that is so hard to get rid of due to sentimental reasons (it was my dad's, and I have lots of memories of him and me riding through the woods over the years). I'd love to have it rebuilt and just keep at the campsite at the lease (in storage building) just to have to go back and forth to stands, haul deer out, etc. It has been sitting idle for 6 yrs or so. Probably would need new carb. I know it needs a rings, valves and timing adjustments, and brakes.
This thing is a beast when it runs!! If anyone remembers these, they have the high and low range gears, with reverse. There is no market for 3 wheelers any more, even if I did want to sell it. I hate to see it just sit year after year and not get any use.

Any interest from anyone with experience on rebuilds?

hillbillyfab

There is/was a guy on here, TN Ridge Runner, or maybe just Ridge Runner, I think. Seems like he was in the Houston, Stewart county area. Then again I could be way out in left field and have him mixed up with someone else.

sgtwebb1

hillbillyfab":11nmrsq1 said:
There is/was a guy on here, TN Ridge Runner, or maybe just Ridge Runner, I think. Seems like he was in the Houston, Stewart county area. Then again I could be app out in left field and have him mixed up with someone else.

TN Ridge Runner lives in Dayton, actually.
He does rebuild ATV's, Honda mostly.

T.J.

There is actually a huge market for 3 wheelers. I have quite a few of them. G&H cycle here in west tn should be able to do all the machining work for you plus supply you with the rings and piston. Its who i use. i do all my own disasembly and reasembly. you just need to ship them your top end and they will do the work and ship it back. The carb is easy. just buy a rebuild kit off of ebay. This is important. DO NOT BUY A CHEAP CHINESE CARB. You may get lucky but for the most part they suck. it is always beter to rebuilt the factory carb. it should be a Keihin carb.

Latest posts