Random thought :)

Carlos

You could always check your health activity on your smartphone, for an average year- and do the math for a SWAG.

REN

I'm a runner…average 45-50 mi a week when I'm healthy. Mileage on my feet almost doubles during turkey season.

Same but I only get in about 30 a week

Just different is all as I have gotten older. In my teens and 20s I'd hunt all day every day I could and wasn't very efficient at it lol.

As I got older and kids and other priorities it wasn't an all day thing anymore

Carlos

Same but I only get in about 30 a week

Just different is all as I have gotten older. In my teens and 20s I'd hunt all day every day I could and wasn't very efficient at it lol.

As I got older and kids and other priorities it wasn't an all day thing anymore
I'm almost in my mid-forties, and I still stay out after 'em all day 3 out of 4 hunts. I only hunt public- so they aren't usually easy to come by.

There's quite a few guys who seem like they intentionally booger up the birds, I've never understood that.

REN

I'm almost in my mid-forties, and I still stay out after 'em all day 3 out of 4 hunts. I only hunt public- so they aren't usually easy to come by.

There's quite a few guys who seem like they intentionally booger up the birds, I've never understood that.
Same age. I still take the first week off and go full at it but even then I got soccer games or swim meets to be at late in the day. The change in limit has actually helped my family time at this point haha

Carlos

Same age. I still take the first week off and go full at it but even then I got soccer games or swim meets to be at late in the day. The change in limit has actually helped my family time at this point haha
I may have bought a Mossberg turkey gun from you years ago, can't recall for sure though…

Bgoodman30

One of my favorite things about turkey hunting is the exercise I get during season. I don't really like running on pavement but I do try and condition myself before season. I used to shed a few pounds back before I had kids games every weekend. I have been hunting more out of state than in TN the last few seasons. The only way I get some time to hunt is to travel. I use the health app to track looks like my best day last year was 23k steps.

megalomaniac

I actually track it, not really to see how far I go in a season, but moreso for how many miles per bird killed.

It used to be if I walked 5 miles without killing a bird, it was a BAD day (because there is no need to walk when you are on a gobbling bird).

The past 7 or 8 years, it has become more of a 10 mile per bird thing.

But the past couple years, it's taking me around 25 miles covered to kill a bird.

Last year I walked 150 miles. 2023 I did 170 miles. 2022 was 160ish.

Soft Talker

Never have been one to walk 50/11 miles a day to Turkey hunt. I've paid enough attention over the years, to figure out that some of the best hunting is within 400yrds of the gravel roads. I strategically sit, way more than I walk. I may hunt 5 different spots a day, and not walk a mile total.

knightrider

Never have been one to walk 50/11 miles a day to Turkey hunt. I've paid enough attention over the years, to figure out that some of the best hunting is within 400yrds of the gravel roads. I strategically sit, way more than I walk. I may hunt 5 different spots a day, and not walk a mile total.
What? And here we thought you were a "real" turkey hunter, how lazy of you😂

Wooden Arrow

THIS ^ being in the right spot is the best "call". scratching in the leaves helps...