Quota hunts

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
I got Tellico West archery Dec 11-12. Interested in giving this a try.

Good luck. It's a weird place. Surprisingly little deer sign last season given the lack of pressure. Must've been a bad mast crop or something.
I also think some locals poach. There were plastic chairs and buckets all over the place on field edges.
Hope you find it more productive than I did—I scouted all day then decided it wasn't worth the 1 hour drive for me. Just have to find the pockets with decent sign.

LVS

I got the second Catoosa muzzleloader hunt. I will probably hunt the Genesis side Friday and Saturday. I know of a couple of places to start but am interested in others' general thoughts about strategy.

bgant

See you out there. I got the same weekend. Never been before myself. Just looking forward to new country with some topography.
Yup, that's some serious Plateau topography at PC. I've hiked and trail run a little there over the years. It'll be fun and challenging to figure out.

Duck dogn

Laurelhill 10/21-24 muzzleloader
Laurelhill 11/26-28 gun. Me my daughter and my neighbor kinda excited I like hunting there as well but this will be my daughters 1st year going on a laurelhill hunt so we will have our backpack with food and drinks and in for the long haul good luck to all

Voldeerfan

2-Step Enabled
I just got catoosa genisis the move 11-13 gun hunt and the 18-20 muzzleloader. Anybody else got it. I'll be the guy in the Buffalo skin tee pee and wearing a musk rat loin cloth. Always up for a good conversation. Lol just jokin. I don't know what I'll be in yet I'm looking for a camper that is a good price at this moment. I did a tent last year and hoping to upgrade.
I got drawn for the 11/18 Catoosa hunt as well.

Andy S.

If you do not want to draw for PI but you have enough points that you would possibly get drawn next year what do you do? Put in as a party with someone with no points?
Yes, this is exactly what a lot of folks do. A member here had 12-13 points this year and did not want to draw PI this year. He added his son (0 points) to his party, which in turn makes the "party" have 0 points, to guarantee they both do not get drawn and both earn a point. Next year he will have 13-14 points and his son will have 1 point. If there is a "buy/earn a point" option as others have stated, that may be the easier option. That option did not exist few years back, so we always added a member with 0 points to our party application to ensure we would gain a point. We never lost all of our preference points like others have stated.