Quick question bout spooking deer

catman529

Anyone ever dropped a coyote and had deer come in later and spook, or were they more curious about it, or didn't care at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catman529

Cool deal. I'll post more later. Seen a deer through the bushes but nothing show up on my trail yet. Suns going down

wsm

I killed a yote in a field one morning early and two or three hours later killed a nice eigth pt. about ten yards from him ,the buck act like he was not there.

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
I dropped a coyote right on a trail. A little while later a buck came by and just stepped around him

Mid-Tenn

Same, never had an issue with them being spooked.

Dropped a coyote at the edge of the food plot in some sage grass, an hour later 4-5 does walked within 30' of it and never showed the least concern.

catman529

Well these deer were kind of freaked out about it.

First a good 8 point starts coming in, he is crosswind from me, good steady breeze so I don't think he smelt me. Got behind some bushes and then spooked, trotted off the way he came. Not sure what spooked him.

Does started cracking twigs behind the same bushes, then I heard stomping, and blowing. These does were acting spooked but they never busted out of there. They snuck around, only giving me a glimpse here and there. Finally one appeared at 10 yards giving the dead yote the most suspicious look ever. Finally I cracked a shot and dropped her dead with a spine/lung shot. But dang the deer seemed put off by the yote. I'll post a new thread with the details. Got everything on video