Question: Is the RUT over in Northern TN?

BBDChuck

I am hunting in Paris, TN (N. TN) this weekend for the first time ever and was wondering if I should expect any rut activity (bucks chasing) or if it is in post-rut mode? Are any of you hunting in North TN still seeing rut activity?

Thanks!

Lost Lake

I killed a decent eight point chasing a doe last Friday. Opening weekend of rifle I was surrounded by bucks chasing does. If the weather would permit I'd be there this weekend. Good luck to you.

Buckhunter10

I am currently in Paris and I have seen a mix of both. Saw a young eight yesterday with a group of does, but the does are back grouping up and hitting the fields feeding. The eight wasn't chasing, more just hanging out with them. With the weather being so cold this weekend I would plan on finding some food and sitting all day. They will have to hit it at some point. Be careful in case the roads get bad up this way.

BSK

Tail end of the rut during the 1st week of December in northern TN. But often see a small surge of daylight activity by mature bucks during that week as bucks frantically searching for the last receptive does.

Boll Weevil

I fear it's probably peaked in much of Hardeman and will begin the slow slide downward (and with very little daytime rut activity observed).

Latest posts