Question for you bear hunters.

Daniel n

I would like to have a chance and getting a bear. My parents live in carter county and there land bumps up to the Cherokee nationsl forest (not the bear reserve portion). It's basically a whole mountain, several thousand acres. I remember seeing quite a few bears while deer hunting there when I was younger. It's a lot of hardwoods with laurel thickets mixed in and you can see a pretty good ways. Would you all recommend still hunting or maybe a stalk style hunt. By stalk style I mean just covering ground at a slow and steady pace. It'll be the weekend of November 22-23. Any advice?

fredfred

Dogs :grin: But if you gotta hunt other ways I vote for stalking unless you have a food source that is getting hammered by them.

Diehard Hunter

Predator calling works if there is one within earshot. They are in hyperphagy right now and will investigate any potential food source.

scn

Daniel n said:
Ok, I think my buddy has a predator call he bought for coyote hunting. What type of bear attractants are you referring too?

I read an article several years ago where someone used peppermint as an attractant scent.

The company that makes the "smoking" deer scent sticks also has something similar for bears.

Latest posts