pro bass anglers pay

MCO8891

The weirdest thing to me about "pro" bass fishing is that the payouts of tournaments have stayed the same or actually gone down. You win a BASS Elite tourney its $100k in winnings. Its been that way for 20 years. $100k in winnings was a lot 20 years ago. Now $100k after taxes and your own expenses is a mediocre salary.

TNReb

I caught an interview with Jacob Foutz on Dave Mercer's podcast.

He just seems like an entitled little whiner. He probably didn't do himself any favors with any of this stuff in regards to sponsorships.

He said that when you reach the Elite Series level you should be entitled to things. He also said he doesn't like people. Dude could disappear from the Elite Series as far as I'm concerned. Go work a real job like the rest of us then see what you're whining about.

Spurhunter

I caught an interview with Jacob Foutz on Dave Mercer's podcast.

He just seems like an entitled little whiner. He probably didn't do himself any favors with any of this stuff in regards to sponsorships.

He said that when you reach the Elite Series level you should be entitled to things. He also said he doesn't like people. Dude could disappear from the Elite Series as far as I'm concerned. Go work a real job like the rest of us then see what you're whining about.
Exactly! If you hate guiding, don't like people, don't like being on camera, and aren't comfortable being a social media fishing "pro", then either get better, win more money, and attract more sponsors because you are winning all the time, or get a real job and STFU.

TRHC

I just saw a YouTube video by Milliken Fishing titled Dirty Little Secret, or something along those lines, that gives a very good perspective on the $ in the fishing industry and how it's changed in recent years. I won't link it here due to the language, but it's a good listen for anyone interested in this discussion.

WTM

yeah a couple of youtube douchebags is gonna douchebag no matter what.

and for what its worth, i wouldnt dog on someones fishing ability if you have to ask for help on fishing spots before a tournament. just sayin as they say.

WTM

since youtube, "pro" bass fishermen has had little value in actually selling fishing products. its pretty much their own fault. when you keep techniques, baits, winning structures secret or flat out lie about how you caught fish on camera then obviously there is no value there.

for me youtube offers little value with rare exception, richard gene, hook and look or steve rodgers. a lot are just copycats or douchebags ate up with themselves. i hate haveing to watch a dozen ads to watch a 15 min video.

West_Tn

since youtube, "pro" bass fishermen has had little value in actually selling fishing products. its pretty much their own fault. when you keep techniques, baits, winning structures secret or flat out lie about how you caught fish on camera then obviously there is no value there.

for me youtube offers little value with rare exception, richard gene, hook and look or steve rodgers. a lot are just copycats or douchebags ate up with themselves. i hate haveing to watch a dozen ads to watch a 15 min video.
Ehhh let an Elite series pro win an event on a 1 specific lure then go try to buy that lure anywhere a few days later. Bet you won't be able to.

WTM

Ehhh let an Elite series pro win an event on a 1 specific lure then go try to buy that lure anywhere a few days later. Bet you won't be able to.
a lot of tackle is pretty much irrelevant now. with FFS a glide bait or a finesse swim bait/damiki will pretty much catch any fish out there in most situations.

Latest posts