preserve peppers

tntaxidermist

How do some of you preserve your peppers without having to pressure can them? I've read a few places you can just put them in a jar and fill with vinegar then set aside for month or two.

Poor redneck

I bring 2 cups of vinager, 4 cups of water, 1/2 cup of canning salt to a boil. I cut a small slice in each pepper & put in mason jar. Pour boiling mixture over peppers & put lid on. This was my grandma's salt water pickle recipe, and I also like to mix some peppers in with my cucumbers. You can also just string them up and let them air dry, or dry them in oven or dehydrator.

Sako

All I do is heat my lids, bring vinegar to a boil, pour in the vinegar and seal... when it cools the lid will seal. My family has been doing this for generations with no issues... just make sure to use boiling - hot vinegar.

TX300mag

Hot water bath for 15 minutes (off the top of my head). No pressure cooker/canner required.

You can also use a refrigerator pickles recipe. Supposed to be good for at least two weeks in the refrigerator, but I've had them in a lot longer.

Latest posts