nice big bell peppers

WTM

Attachments

• 0EABF134-53D6-4727-B9DC-1663DCF1E783.jpeg
    0EABF134-53D6-4727-B9DC-1663DCF1E783.jpeg
    35 KB · Views: 525

GMB54

Antep Aci Dolma. A slightly spicy bell variety from Turkey. Thinner walls than a standard bell and very sweet when ripe. A must try bell if you like a hint of heat. The plants love hot weather too.
0QC8dbj.jpg

w4RXm54.jpg

WTM

ill have to give those a try. i planted some hot bannanas next to some bonnie bells one time and one plant must have cross pollinated. ended up with what looked like a cow bell. long like a bannana pepper but looked like a bell and slightly spicy.

FTG-05

My wife and I are going to make my wife's signature Cabbage Soup tomorrow with some smoked ham added for protein. Picked up two ginourmous red and green bell peppers today.

Now I'm hungry, dammit!!!!!!!!1 :rotf:

GMB54

In Turkey that bell is usually stuffed with meat/rice. They are superb roasted. Another REALLY good pepper from that region is called Tekne Dolmasi. Its a huge sweet pepper with a bell like flavor. No heat at all. One of the vendors at a farmers market sells everyone he brings for about $2 a pop.

I should have a good supply of Antep Aci Dolma seeds soon. My seeds came from Fords Fiery Foods. I have 1 plant much further away from other plants for seed stock. I might have Tekne Dolmasi seeds from last year or the year before. Most of the Antep pods this year had almost no heat if you removed the seed core. A couple of my late season pods have a little more heat but its very low.
[youtube]CDPzrW9jz58[/youtube]

Latest posts