Preferred rings/bases?

Invmp12

I am probably gonna get poked fun of but, as an older guy you get used to it, in this day and time. I have 3 hunting rifles, Rem. 700 .270, Ruger American 6.5 CM, and a Savage Axis II 6.5 CM. The REM. Has been with me since the early 80's and it started out with a good one piece Leupold and the Leupold lock rings. I can only remember having to adjust POI was once. So, I searched until I located the same for my newer rifles. I've had the Ruger for 6 years, I haven't had to touch it. The Savage, my lovely Bride bought for me as a Christmas gift 3 years ago. I haven't had to touch it either. Everyone has their preference. Just don't knock us old guys. We just might, I said might, know what we're talking about.

utvolsfan77

What rings/bases do you guys prefer? Have 2 new pieces i need to setup for this season and to be honest, I don't stay up to date on firearm accessories. Leaning towards Talley for now. Opinions?
Some guys might laugh it off, but I've always had good results with Leupold dual dovetail rings and two-piece bases. And that is what I use on all of my bolt guns. Yes, they can be a pain to get properly aligned sometimes, but once they're correctly set, they don't move.

Last edited:

Spurhunter

Bases vary but always Burris Signature rings for me.
Same here. Burris Signature Series Rings with Pos Align Inserts. I use the inserts and bore sight with a Site Lite SL-100. When I get to the range I'll fine tune with inserts if needed then get it exact with scope adjustments. A little more trouble, but I like to keep my scope adjustments as close to factory center as possible.

Latest posts