powder tickler

Nsghunter

I realized I don't have a trickler and I am ready to order one tonight.

The Hornady version is 11.99 with free shipping and the Frankfort arsenal is 20.

Any recommendations or feedback?

I sued to think it doesn't matter but recently I've learned that everything is the field isn't created equal and would like to make sure I'm getting a good product.

Jcalder

My only suggestion is to get one that has some weight to it. I have an old school rcbs and I epoxied some bullets in it. Kinda heavy but I would accidentally knock it around like the hornady. Honestly it stays in the box more than out. I usually just use a little dipper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Urban_Hunter

Powder ticklers are new to me!

I have the Hornady and it works but it just never seemed to help much for its intended use. I'm sure if you use a beam scale it would be nice but on a digital scale it wants to jump by a couple tenths because the weight is being added so slowly. But on a beam scale you would either have to hold the trickler up or put it on a stand or something... I don't know, I hate measuring powder more than anything and ended up buying a chargemaster. If you were closer you could have my hornady trickler.

DaveB

I have used the same RCBS trickler since 1985.

I weigh every charge on my 10-10 beam and trickle to the mark.

I spoon powder into the pan and after 10 or 20 spoonfuls I can near hit the mark every time without a trickle but it is right there next to the Beam.

Weighting the base is something lots of folks do.

Rubberduck270

I used a trickler when I first started, then somewhere along the line I ditched it and just used a plastic spoon. I'd save that $12-20 and put it towards a Chargemaster.

Hardwoodmaterials

I have the Frankfort Arsenal trickler and its a nice heavier built one. Don't get a light weight plastic one it makes it hard to turn the handle without tipping it over. I'm pretty sure the Hornady is plastic.

Gvit

Rubberduck270":3qljpdjg said:
I used a trickler when I first started, then somewhere along the line I ditched it and just used a plastic spoon. I'd save that $12-20 and put it towards a Chargemaster.

Same here - I use a plastic measuring spoon (1/8 tsp maybe? ) - hold it between my thumb & middle finger (w/ ring finger & pinkie as brace) & lightly tap on top w/ my index finger to trickle powder. Sounds weird but I have more control than w/ a trickler & it's faster.
I measure every load directly into the scale, rarely if ever use a powder thrower. My spoon method works for me. I actually ordered this the other day to expand on it https://www.amazon.com/Lee-Precision-Po ... B000N8OIE8

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Nsghunter

A few reviews complained of the powder not trickling Smoothly or the powder becoming jammed up. Had any e else experienced that?

Latest posts