Plotmaster or Similar Equipment Recommendations

TNRAMBLINGMAN

Anyone have a Plotmaster? We have a large ATV but were wondering if there are cheaper substitutes for planting. Maybe it is worth the money, but I would want to plant at least 5-10 acres every year before investing in a Plotmaster.

Anyone ever rent any equipment to prepare food plots? If so, please note what you deem essential.

The plots we are doing are mostly small circles or down roads so there is not much room for large tractor sized implements.

Thanks,

BSK

If the ground has been broken before, a Plotmaster works great. But they will struggle to break new ground.

WRF

Fairview COOP has a Tufline disc for rent. For small cheap equipment, most would probably say this is one of your best options for breaking ground. At least, you could rent it to try it out before deciding on whether or not to purchase ATV equipment. Gly-4 the ground good and make a few passes and you may be reasonably pleased. That being said, it would get old if you are trying to tear up too much ground.

JohnnyDollar

I have a tuffline disk and love it. you can adjust the gain as well as the depth. If the ground is real hard I always set the disk so it isn't trying to cut too deep untill the ground starts breaking up pretty good then I will drop it on down. If you get the disk then all you need is a cooler full of cold drinks, some headphones tuned to your favorite radio station, and a day to do it.

Winchester

BSK said:
If the ground has been broken before, a Plotmaster works great. But they will struggle to break new ground.
I agree 100%. We have an ATV flipdisk, works great with about 200 lbs of weight on the rack. Trying to break new ground however is nearly impossible.

Latest posts