Food Plots Plot strategy question

NChunt1

So I have a field I'm expanding this year and it will be shaped like a U with a big wood finger in the middle, with one of our redneck blinds on the far southern side. What I was wanting everyone's thoughts on is what I should plant the far finger that is not visible from the shooting house, only the first finger of the field and the top half of the food plot will be visible but that's alright because it sets up perfect for the wind and access, But since I have the ability to plant the other side just in the thought to get more food in the area I was thinking of planning cowpeas and maybe late planted soybeans at the same time I plant my fall mix to have more of an early bow season attraction and let my fall mix get a head start. What do you guys think I should plant just to have some green till the first few frost ?

NChunt1

Screenshot_20230806-202349.png

red is the blind. Outlined is what I'm going to be able to plant

NChunt1

I don't won't any of the fall plot not visible from the stand because a lot of the deer come from that direction and would most definitely get hung up out of sight. I pland a mix of oats,wheat crimson clover and arrowleaf clover in my fall mix. Let me give a little more back story, this is the closest plot to our neighbor property that gets hunted the hardest but is one of the Best areas on our property, my goal is to add as much food as possible in that area to draw the deer to my plots for the longest portion of hunting season I possibly can hence my wanting to get a early season crop on the other side to draw the deer in before the frost and let my fall plot in front of the blind grow all it can

Latest posts