PINES

PickettSFHunter

Sawtooth oak, Gobbler Sawtooth oak(smaller acorns than Sawtooth), Dwark Chinquapin Oak, Allegheny Chinkapin, Southern Crabapple, Common Persimmon, etc. The Wildlife Group, NWTF, Edward Fort Nursery are some good places to order these. Get tree tubes around them also and you'll be good to go, need to be able to keep competition off also and the more sun they get the better they will grow.

birddoginQ

If planted now I would select sites within large openings. The three year old pines are small now but will be harvestable around age 14 which means they grow fast. Both the sawtooths and the chestnuts need sites with plenty of sunlight. So try to pick spots where your trees have a greater chance at keeping the availble light once the pines begin to mature. They will start out slow and then sky rocket.

BSK

I'm a HUGE fan of Chinese Chestnuts. Deer go bonkers over them and they are very consistent producers. My parents have had chinese chestnuts in their yard for 30+ years and I don't believe they have ever had a nut failure, not even during the'07 April freeze damage (Chinese Chestnuts flower late).

Latest posts