Piebald is Dead

Headhunter

Had a friend from church text me this picture today. The piebald that I passed on at 35 yds last week got shot last night 😔 I checked the pics I have of him, same deer.

Saw him yesterday morning in the back field as I left for work.

Congrats to this guy (I covered names out of respect for the individuals privacy) Hope he honors him appropriately. Sure is a beautiful animal.
How does one "honor" a deer?

Spurhunter

How does one "honor" a deer?
Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Shag

Nothing on this earth was put here to last forever…especially a deer. He could just as easily have been hit by a car tonight. I'm sure the lucky hunter is thrilled with him and it will provide food for his family.

I've ground checked several that I kicked my arse over when I got to them. Oh well. Put em to good use and get back in the woods tomorrow.

Bell3wv

Had a friend from church text me this picture today. The piebald that I passed on at 35 yds last week got shot last night 😔 I checked the pics I have of him, same deer.

Saw him yesterday morning in the back field as I left for work.

Congrats to this guy (I covered names out of respect for the individuals privacy) Hope he honors him appropriately. Sure is a beautiful animal.
I've got mixed feelings on these critters. They are pretty, but unlike albinism, they are genetic "muts". Most of the time they have some wonky traits that they pass on like shorter legs and jaws. There was an old farmer close to where I grew up and he had a mess of them and it looked like a goat farm full of mutants. I passed up one a few years ago that was a 6pt two yrs running and I wanted him to get a lil bigger. Haven't seen him since.

Attachments

• 20171118_075718.jpg
    20171118_075718.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 70

Jaahspike

I just don't know if I would be able to pass on him either. I also wonder how I would be able to convince my wife that I need a full body mount of a buck in our house. Just not sure how you don't do a full body on a deer that beautiful

east_tn_gk

Very beautiful buck, that will make a great trophy and by looking at his smile, he's happy with him. Sometimes you just don't want to wait a year or two to make sure other people are happy with the deer you shoot. Nothing wrong with letting deer walk either, I think it's a personal decision what you want to harvest.

Latest posts