Piebald is back

Snake

They are beautiful! I got this one a few years ago. I hunted him for 2 years. He ended up being 4.5 and 138"
He's huge , the one I shot was really small legged. Great looking buck . Mine was more just spotted up like a fawn all over . I didn't know he was a piebald or how small he was or I may not have shot him who knows . It was breaking day and I kept hearing a deer blow , would not shut up but coming from where I was downwind. Once it got light enough I finally located him but still couldn't tell about his body it was so thick . Seen enough of his rack and put the crosshairs on where I thought his chester was and dropped him . If he had of stopped blowing he would have been safe or at least at that point , I actually shot him to shut him up .

Jaahspike

can't get over the beauty of this deer
It would be a beautiful mount but wow what a blessing to get to watch him grow up to fully mature!!!! Unfortunately it is like he is walking around waiving a white flag to the world. How he has lived this long is a mystery

Specializedjon

I've got a piebald on my property and saw him for the first time a few weeks ago. He stepped out about 50 yds in front of me at first light. I was quickly Googling "are piebald buck legal to shoot in TN" 🤣 by the time I found the answer, this is all I saw. Didn't see a huge rack on him. He looked pretty young. Neighbors say he's been around for a while.

Attachments

• piebald.png
    piebald.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 53

Boone25/06

He's huge , the one I shot was really small legged. Great looking buck . Mine was more just spotted up like a fawn all over . I didn't know he was a piebald or how small he was or I may not have shot him who knows . It was breaking day and I kept hearing a deer blow , would not shut up but coming from where I was downwind. Once it got light enough I finally located him but still couldn't tell about his body it was so thick . Seen enough of his rack and put the crosshairs on where I thought his chester was and dropped him . If he had of stopped blowing he would have been safe or at least at that point , I actually shot him to shut him up .
I can only imagine how surprised you were when you discovered he was spotted! Once in a lifetime buck for sure. I hunted mine for 2 seasons before I got him. I actually shot him year before with a crossbow and made a bad shot in brisket area. Luckily he lived and show back up the next year without any effects on body or antlers. I will say I would have probably been happier killing him first time seeing him because it almost became an obsession / chore trying to get him. I did enjoy getting to watch him several times out of range or on camera before finally having the opportunity to get him.

Snake

I can only imagine how surprised you were when you discovered he was spotted! Once in a lifetime buck for sure. I hunted mine for 2 seasons before I got him. I actually shot him year before with a crossbow and made a bad shot in brisket area. Luckily he lived and show back up the next year without any effects on body or antlers. I will say I would have probably been happier killing him first time seeing him because it almost became an obsession / chore trying to get him. I did enjoy getting to watch him several times out of range or on camera before finally having the opportunity to get him.
My ex son in law seen a doe on that place that he swore that was black and white. I never seen it but after hearing on one reply that there are black deer even rarer than albinos . We leased a place in Lincoln Co. that had an albino doe on it . Actually my grandson killed one and while telling by phone what he had killed I thought that he had shot the albino but after getting to him it wasn't thank God . It did have a lot of white but did have a couple of brown spots . We was going to tan it's hide as well but he didn't put it in the freezer as I suggested because I had to go to work the next day so it ruined.

Latest posts